Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Interview with SKB!




I recently was able to ask a well known YouTube tech reviewer that goes by the name of SoldierKnowsBest some questions. It took a while for him to respond back to my e-mail but it seemed like it was a one on one conversation with him while reading the replies. 

Here is what was asked and answered...

Me: Hi Mark, I am a Senior in High School currently in a Digital Media class that has us going and asking "experts" questions that relate to our topic, and I was wondering about your job and/or hobby as a Tech Reviewer and would like to ask you a couple of questions. 

Q: How did you get started on where you got to today?
A: I started my, what you call "job," about three and a half years ago making videos on YouTube reviewing Apple products such as the iPhone and the iMacs and Mac Books. I seriously did not think I would make it where I am now doing the things that a geek like me loves to do.  I guess we all are considered to be one these days since everyone loves their technology and are always upgrading! I was chosen to participate as a YouTube Partner shortly after I started up, and I now release videos and reviews on tablets, video games, and accessories. I am quite satisfied with my position with YT!

Q: How can you afford all the new products to talk about?
A: Mostly from my pocket. (Haha) But I do get free products often from the actual company themselves for me to review and give good word about. I'm sure it's obvious that I serve in the military which I do get a good sum of income to live off of. But other than that, I do give away a lot of the products that I receive back to my audience to keep them cheerful.

Q:What do you think of how fast we are progressing in technology?
A: I honestly do not approve of everyone spending so much money in making and upgrading their products so often. I know that people want new things, and the companies would make themselves look good and become large by always upgrading and giving consumers what they want. That is why Apple is so big today. They revolutionized MP3 players and made them to be more personal and easy to use which everyone loved. Android is almost a base in many phone OS's out there which is hard to beat, but there are the small ones that are trying and joining the scene such as Windows and Droid.
But if they did not continue to develop new ideas, I would not be where I am now. So I would have to say that I love it. 

Q: What do you recommend to a person like me to start a hobby like yours?
A: I would have to say just to focus on school right now and get a good paying job to actually buy the products that are releasing and learn the ropes on what is better than what so you aren't hoarded by fan boys with facts and opinions. It would be hard to actually compete with all the others that are in the same field as a newbie, but if you are constantly getting all the new toys to play with and giving good word about it, you can grow big in no time.


That was all of the questions that I asked Mark, because I realized that I only sent him 4 questions in the e-mail after I send it and did not want to send another. This guy is really good at what he does, and I recommend watching some of the reviews on his products!










No comments:

Post a Comment